MasterCard Debit Card
Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change – or worse, write a check. Use your free MasterCard® for purchases around the globe and online.
Our debit card is safer than carrying cash and more readily accepted than checks. The very same card is used to make ATM withdrawals. One tiny piece of plastic — a whole lot of versatility. Plus, when you choose the credit option when shopping, you'll receive $0.10 back for every purchase you make with your debit card!
- Fast, free, and easy
- Free MasterCard Debit Card accepted around the globe and online
- Earn $0.10 per signature-based debit transaction
- Easily withdraw funds from ATMs
- Enjoy surcharge-free ATM access
- Safer than carrying cash
- More convenient and safer than checks
- Eliminate cost of purchasing checks
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen
- MasterCard SecureCode
MasterCard SecureCode provides you with added protection when shopping online with your MasterCard debit card. Choose your own personal code, and it will never be shared with any merchant. Sign up for your personalized Secure Code today.
- Overdraft FAQs
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFT PRACTICES AND FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account and an overdraft Line of Credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
WHAT ARE THE STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES THAT COME WITH MY ACCOUNT?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
WHAT FEES WILL I BE CHARGED IF CARTHAGE SAVINGS AND LOAN ASSOCIATION PAYS MY OVERDRAFT?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive business days, we will assess an additional $5 per day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
WHAT IF I WANT CARTHAGE SAVINGS AND LOAN ASSOCIATION TO AUTHORIZE AND PAY OVERDRAFTS ON MY ATM AND EVERYDAY DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 315-493-3480, visit one of our locations or complete the form below and either fax it to 315-493-0231 or mail it to Carthage Savings and Loan, 313 State Street, Carthage, NY 13619.