VA Mortgage Loans
VA Mortgage Loans at Carthage Savings
Are you or have you been a member of the U.S. military? If so, then you may qualify for a VA loan from Carthage Savings. These loans help you purchase a primary residence without a down payment. We offer fixed interest rates and payments, plus customized service. If you are a veteran, we would also like to say a special "thank you" for your service to our country!
- Available to veterans, active military, and surviving spouses
- Purchase a home without the need for a down payment
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
- No monthly mortgage insurance premiums
- Save anywhere from 0.3% to 1.15% of the entire loan amount each year
- No minimum credit requirements set by the VA*
- Competitive low-interest rates
- No penalties for paying the mortgage off early
- Local decision making and processing right here in North County
- Attentive service from start to finish
To get started, simply complete a pre-qualification form.
A loan specialist will contact you soon to let you know what you pre-quality for.
*Most Carthage Savings lenders require a score of at least 640.
- Do You Qualify?
Like any other mortgage program, home buyers must meet basic qualifications to be eligible. However, with the VA Loan program, in addition to credit and income requirements, potential applicants must meet basic service requirements.
These service requirements include only one of the following:
- The homeowner served 90 consecutive days of service during wartime, OR
- The home buyer served 181 days of service during peacetime, OR
- The home buyer spent more than six years of service in the National Guard or Reserves, OR
- The home buyer is the spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability.
- Why Choose Carthage Savings and Loan?
Carthage Savings and Loan is a local financial institution that has in-depth knowledge of VA Loans. This product has been offered by Carthage Savings for over 20 years, enabling our loan officers far more experience compared to a financial institution that may do only a handful of VA mortgages per year. Our knowledge of this product enables you to unlock the power of a Veterans Affairs loan to maximize your financial benefits and get you to closing quicker.
- This extensive VA experience enables Carthage Savings to streamline the VA mortgage process, making it smooth and easy for you.
- Once you get started, your loan officer will be there with you every step of the way, gathering the necessary paperwork, and will work with the lending party on your behalf.
- Carthage Savings loan officers can obtain a Veteran's Certificate of Eligibility for the potential client.
The Department of Veteran Affairs requires those who offer VA loans to go through a stringent approval process. Carthage Savings and Loan is a VA Approved Lender.
If you have any questions about your qualification or our other financial services, contact us today.