For more than a century, we’ve helped families move into houses all around the North Country. Secure a favorable mortgage loan and get the keys to that home you’ve had your eye on.
- Competitive Rates
- Free Pre-Approval
- Refinancing Available
- Competitively low rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- A wide range of terms customized to your unique situation
- A wide range of financing programs available:
- Fixed rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- USDA Rural Housing Loans
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- First Time Homebuyer specials
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the local real estate market
- Free pre-approval for extra confidence when it comes to securing financing
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Local decision-making and processing right here in the North Country
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
One of our most frequently asked questions is what types of home mortgage loans are available, and which will best suit your individual needs. These are the loans we offer:
These loans remain at a set interest rate throughout the duration stated in your terms (10, 15, 20, or even 30 years) with equal monthly payments made throughout. This is a popular choice for home buyers looking to make consistently low payments.
Unlike a fixed-rate loan, the interest rate on an ARM can vary from year to year. However, ARMs are available that offer fixed rates for a set period of time (3, 5, 7, or 10 years) with interest that adjusts annually thereafter. Since interest rate adjustments are capped, the ARM is a smart choice for people looking for more flexibility and customization in their loan.
Low/No Down Payment Mortgage
We will compare our low-interest PMI and Rural Development programs to FHA and other lending products. Our competitive rates along with little or no down payment options is an advantage many of our competitors do not have.
What Kind of Property Can I Finance?
At Carthage Savings, we offer finance options for primary residences, secondary homes, and vacation homes. We also offer competitive interest rates for those looking to refinance their existing property and entirely new construction projects.
In addition to the most commonly offered home mortgage loans, Carthage Savings also offers a range of specialized financing options designed to meet the unique needs of our community. From VA loans for veterans and military personnel that require no down payment, to USDA Rural Housing Loans sponsored by the government to assist low and moderate-income families in rural areas, we're committed to finding you a rate and a payment plan that works within your budget.
Complete a full Loan Application at our Consumer Connect Mortgage Center. You will be asked to create an account to enable you to save the information you have completed. To start your application right now, get pre-qualified.